If you try to contact CA by email over the next few days, your message may be bounced or lost completely.
This is only going to be a temporary problem, and with luck, won’t actually be a problem at all – mail may simply be delayed rather than lost. But just to be safe, if you have anything important to contact CA about over the next few days, please use one of the alternate methods listed at the end of the post instead… or better yet, wait for the “all clear” message next week or so.
Why is this happening? Well, when I moved CA to its new home a few weeks back, I took a shortcut when dealing with email. I figured that we don’t really get all that much, and we don’t really need advanced functionality so… meh, I just had CA’s email redirected into my personal email box. Turns out I sold CA short, and underestimated our needs. So I need to bite the bullet and set up a more advanced email system. And because this will involve DNS records, that means there will be propagation delays up to a few days. (Otherwise, I could do the change over in an hour or so and no one would notice.)
I don’t expect any problems. I’ve already set up the system for my personal domain as a test. No real problems so far.
I will make a post once everything’s up and running smoothly. So until then, if you really need to get hold of CA between now and then, you can use one of the following options:
- via my personal OStatus (GNU Social/Mastodon/etc.) network account
- via my personal diaspora* account
- via my personal IRC identity
indion the Rizon network
- via a comment on any Canadian Atheist post (including this one)
CanAtheiston Facebook; or
- by using the contact form – note, please consider this a last resort, because as I’m screwing with the MTA, there maybe brief, sporadic periods where the contact form will silently fail.