Here’s your Canadian Atheist Weekly Update for 9-Feb-2019 to 15-Feb-2019.
Here’s your Canadian Atheist Weekly Update for 27-Jan-2018 to 2-Feb-2018.
Here’s your Canadian Atheist Weekly Update for 1-Jul-2017 to 7-Jul-2017.
Peter Marsh’s tongue-in-cheek response to Liberal MP Mauril Bélanger’s bill to change the words ”all thy sons command” in “O Canada” to “all of us command” is amusing but oh so familiar: Since the beginning of this country, 49% of the population has always dictated the customs and identity to the remaining 51% and that shouldn’t… Read more »
There’s another piece of good news from another Liberal MP. An article in the Guardian, tweeted by BC Humanists, announces “Canada Considers Changing National Anthem to Include Country’s Women” Liberal MP Mauril Bélanger introduced a bill on Wednesday to change two words of O Canada so it recognises the country’s women as well as its… Read more »
Whenever CBC tackles atheism on its news network, they bungle it hideously. Several times they’ve had panels discussing atheism without a single atheist present, and no one speaking for an atheist position – you can imagine how they’ve turned out. Well on The National on Sunday night, Wendy Mesley – a serial offender when it… Read more »